Pick-Your-Own 2020 Season:
estimated opening date of June 21st to mid-July
During the season, we offer 10-13 varieties of strawberries, ranging in colour from pinkish-red to bright red. Our strawberries are juicy and sweet, perfect for snacking, making jams, or as a healthy dessert. There is nothing like the taste of Ontario strawberries!
For current and updated picking conditions and our store availability, please call 613-833-2417. You can also visit us daily to purchase ready-to-go-picked strawberries. To guarantee your pick-up or have delivered we recommended pre-ordering at Shop.ProulxFarm.com
** Proulx Farm COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines During Pick-Your-Own Season
To our valued customers, we welcome you back for our 27th Proulx Farm pick-your-own strawberry season. We are dedicated in maintaining a safe, clean environment, and an enjoyable experience for all our new or returning guests, and devoted staffs. While complying with all governmental policies and guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic these are the measures we have taken:
- All our employees will be wearing proper protective gear.
- All must wash their hands with soap and water for 30 seconds prior to walking down to assigned strawberry fields
- Wearing gloves is not permitted for the picking.
- Proper spacing to a minimum of 2 meters is always required between each person or families (max. 5 pers), while walking to and from the fields, and during the picking. When walking to and from the fields, all must keep to the right in the direction the red arrows. Our field attendants will assign your strawberry row, please respect and remain in your assigned row.
- If assistance is required to and from the fields, please ask a Proulx Farm attendant, as there is no more wagon transportation available.
- Our fields have limited picking capacities because of the strict physical distancing regulations. Each picking time permitted in the field will vary depending on your container size and quantity you have pre-purchased; we ask you to limit your field stay and picking.
- No eating/snacking of any kind is permitted in any picking fields including no picnic in any part of the Proulx Farm grounds.
- No family or group gatherings are permitted in any part of the Proulx Farm grounds.
- All play parks and structures, including the petting zoo, are all temporarily closed until further notice.
- Purchasing inside our on-farm boutique store is also available with a limited customer capacity at all time. Please sanitize your hands prior to entering the boutique store. We appreciated not handling any products unnecessarily. No outside bags are permitted.
We will be grateful to receive your feedback, as these are new policies and guidelines measures for COVID-19. We always aim to improve our services to our clients, for all inquiries, concerns and suggestions please do not hesitate to contact Proulx Farm. Your understanding and cooperation in these important matters are greatly appreciated! The Proulx Family, has been farming on this land since 1920!!
Your pick-your-own strawberries experience has changed to set flat fees, based on the basket’s standard sizes of 4lt, 2lt and 1quart formats. No other containers formats are permitted except these standard basket sizes, no exceptions. If you do not have your own baskets (old or new), empty 4lt and 2lt baskets are available at $1.50 each (tax included), except for the quart size as the cost is included with your picked strawberry fee.
All purchases will require to be paid prior to entering the Proulx Farm grounds, and picking fields. You can pre-paid prior to your arrival, directly at Shop.ProulxFarm.com
No empty hands will be permitted, for adults, children, including toddlers (upon our discretion).
- the minimum picking for a family of 2: one 4lt basket + one quart basket, or two 2lt baskets
- the minimum for a single adult is one 2lt basket
- 4lt of pick-your-own strawberries: $12.00 (+ basket if required)
- 2lt of pick-your-own strawberries: $ 7.00 (+ basket if required)
- 1 quart of pick-your-own strawberries: $ 4.00 (including basket & fruit)
Price may change without prior notice
No refund on used/stained Proulx Farm baskets, no refund on partially picked strawberry baskets – No exceptions!! Please have your receipt with you at all times especially upon arriving down in the field, exiting the boutique store, and anywhere on the grounds of the Proulx Farm.
No groups larger than 5 people can be accepted. If family/group of 5 and more, your group may be divided into smaller groups to respect physical distancing.
For larger picking quantities, contact us for more details and pre-arrangements.
Already picked for you - BUY NOW
Picked fresh daily, are available at the Proulx Farm store boutique and at our various farms stands.Available to purchase from June to first frost, usually late September. Price may change without prior notice
1 liter, $5.50 to $7.00
2 liters, $10.00 to $13.00
4 liters, $18.00 to $22.00
Welcome to call ahead 613-833-2417 to have an order set aside for you or have it delivered at one of our farm stands locations.
To guarantee your pick up or delivery we recommend ordering at Shop.ProulxFarm.com
See “Where to buy” for listing of our off-farm locations.
For larger quantities, contact us for more details. Price may change without prior notice
Poetry and photo credit: Erika Kaptein c. 2016
Dear Proulx FarmsToday my husband placed two lovely
Sun ripened strawberries baskets, in our van.
Not only are the sweetness and largest
But extremely perfect each and every one!
The wonderful surprise is this
I can smell something so Devine!
I am an organic rose gardener
And I am used to scents of magnificence.
So, when I returned to our van
And opened the door a flood of freshly picked
Sweetness left me almost tasting strawberry wine.