THE SUGAR BUSH AT PROULX FARM
Short and sweet, sugar bush season is our favourite time of year. Winters in Ottawa can be a little long, but we know that once the sugar shack fire is burning nice and hot, our favourite people and a new growing season aren’t far behind.
Our 2021 maple season:
February 21st to April 18th, 2021
This year will be a little different from our normal traditions due to COVID.
OPENS: FEBRUARY 21st, 2021
The outdoor activities will open starting Sunday February 21st, 2021 from 9AM to 5PM with limited tickets available to help spread out the crowd
Pancake house OPENS MARCH 7th, 2021 will open starting Sunday March 7th with outdoor dinning and takeout options
Capacity will be limited to 75 people per time slot, so quantities are limited. Walk-ins will be accepted is space is still available, so we recommend you purchase your tickets in advance to guarantee entrance.
HOURS OF OPERATION FOR 2021
WHAT MAKES OUR MAPLE SYRUP THE BEST?
We might be biased, but we think our syrup is the best in the area. Our customers agree. Each year our list of reserve orders grows, along with the number of people stopping by the farm to pick up a jug or two. We also supply some of Ottawa’s best chefs, who know that when it comes to maple syrup, there’s no substitute for the real thing.
We collect sap starting in late February from our stand of real sugar maple trees. The terrain, rich in clay and stones, differs from the sandier soil of many Quebec maple farms. The extra minerals give our syrup a uniquely rich maple flavour.
At Proulx Farm, we only use sap from sugar maple trees. Our syrup, maple butter, taffy, maple syrup pie and maple cotton candy are made from 100% pure maple syrup. It’s our guarantee.
Planning to enjoy our Maple Fest?
- Enjoy our brunch: Brunch is held from 9-3 on weekends, last seating at 2pm (no reservation accepted) but on reservation weekdays. Our brunch is also available without reservation during the Ontario March break.
Brunch reservations are accepted during the Easter long weekend: 9am, 9.30am, 10am, 11am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1pm, 2pm
- Farm & Sugarbush activities: The farm is open for fun activities until 5pm.
- Visit our farm store.
- Plan a group visit, school visit: (by reservation only).
Farm Admission, $5.76 +HST/person, kids under 3: free
- Visit our small animal petting farm – Touch, feed and learn
- Admission to the farm’s outdoor play parks and slides (snow pants recommended)
- Admission to the sugar bush
- Visit the century old production shack
- Enjoy a guided tour and learn how maple syrup is made in the sugar shack (approx. 20 minutes)
- A hay ride (horse-drawn on weekends) through our maple forest (approximately 20 minutes).
There is plenty of parking in the main parking lot at Proulx Farm (1865 O’Toole road). We will transport you to the sugar bush by hay ride. Or you could park along O’Toole Road, close to the sugar shack at 1757 O’Toole and walk in.